Hello flawless friends!
I hope all of my local readers are staying warm in this crazy polar vortex! I wanted to take a moment to write about my recent experience working with the lovely people over at Radio Flyer in Chicago, IL. Makeup & hair for children is an experience like no other. You never know exactly what you're getting into. It all depends on the mood of the child. However, with the right attitude you can usually sway them your way.
Hair and makeup for kids is SO much fun. Usually the girls are all for it. The boys on the other hand... not so much. The older they are the easier it is, the smaller they are, the more they think I am trying to torture them. As previously mentioned, it's all about how you approach it.
Here are some tips when working with kids.
- Pretend you are trying to tickle them with your makeup brush. This method automatically puts them into a good mood. You want to act as if this photo shoot is a big giant play date.
- Always smile, act silly, ask questions about their family, pets, etc.
- Chit-chat with the parents. This interaction will make everyone feel more comforatble.
- Let them help pick out the hair products, tools and accessories.
- Less is more. Kids are usually already flawless. All they really need if a little highlights, contour and hair styling.
- Paula Hecenast